What this means is masturbation for the sheer pleasure of touching one’s own body. Self-pleasuring can be done almost as a meditation. Not for a goal of climax, nor going into performance for someone else, but natural self-loving.
Swimming deep in pleasurable sensations, my session lasted 53 minutes! It culminated the most delicious ‘energygasm’ where waves of orgasmic energy flowed through my whole body. I was tingling all over and totally charged up with cosmic energy.
If you would like to experience the aliveness that can come from making love to yourself, rather than getting yourself off with ‘hand relief’(Uuuuurgh – hate that expression!) – then here are a few suggestions for mindful self-pleasuring:
• Make the environment lovely for yourself – even simply lighting a candle can bring sacredness and specialness to the experience
• Set an alarm for a specific length of time and use this as your guide for exploration rather than the goal of climax
• Touch your whole body, not just your genitals
• Try out different pressure, strokes, rhythms and speeds – not just doing what you always do
• Pay exquisite attention to what’s going on inside your body, be with the sensations. Release any mental images or fantasies as you drop into your body
• Breathe deeply and fully to allow your body to open and expand into greater pleasure (Many people hold their breath when they get close to climax but if you keep breathing fully you will experience a deeper pleasure)
• Allow your body to move and undulate
• When the time is complete, if you wish to move towards climax (e.g. ejaculation) then go for it. Otherwise you can integrate the energy by breathing it up the body from genitals to the crown on the head with the inhale and down with the exhale